Thursday, March 25, 2010

damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Some days the 9 to 5 grind has me wanting to reenact the scene below.
(awesome points for you if you recognize this picture and the title of my blog posting from "Office Space.")


Other days I just float through carefree -- thinking of all the fun NY stuff I want to do and feeling lucky to be where I am in the first place.
I live in Manhattan. I don't live in the park or subway. I have an income. I have health insurance. 
Why can't this all be enough?
It is... temporarily. But this is a city chock full of young professionals, with a million people trying to 'get ahead' and become their dream.
When will it be my turn?
And then I sit back and take a deep breath.
I'm 24. There's still plenty of time for me to do my thing and maybe even
save the world
For now I'll enjoy life as it comes.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you certainly do my darling daughter....and I know you will climb that mountain and conquer whatever you set out to do! With much love DA

    ReplyDelete