Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Reading.


I've been tearing through books lately. The staying up late, skipping lunch to go to the library type of book domination. Two of my favorites that I've finished recently are The Help by Kathryn Stockett & The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

I believe it was about two years ago when The Help first hit the bestseller list. On a road trip that summer I listened to the audio version, roughly 60-70% of the novel. I never finished listening. My mom gave me a copy this past Christmas and I decided to start over, from the beginning.

My friend Claire gave me her copy of The Perks of Being a Wallflower when I was visiting her in Cincinnati. It's an epistolary novel, which I learned means a novel written in the form of documents. In this case, a fifteen-year-old named Charlie who's writing letters to an unknown individual. It definitely made me reflect on my own adolescent experiences, when you're just trying to 'figure it all out.' In fact, I'm still figuring. One of my favorite quotes from the book, "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."

No comments:

Post a Comment